- ✓ You Are Paid To Be Mentally ON not OFF
- ✓ Hedging Against Complaints—the 3 “A”
- ✓ Personality Traits That Can Get You Hired
- ✓ First 7 seconds
- ✓ Style –3 Points “the AMP”
- ✓ Why a Client Picks the Solution
- ✓ The 150 Rule
- ✓ Temptations—using your GPS
- ✓ Employee Theft
- ✓ Profanity vs Spirituality
- ✓ Powerful Words Scar
- ✓ Credibility
- ✓ Professional / Intangible Knowledge
- ✓ Treat The Client as a Prospect not as a Customer
- ✓ When in Doubt be What?
- ✓ The 3 Major Supports in being a Professional
- ✓ Staff Recommendations
- ✓ Enjoy the Voyage
- ✓ Discipline / Accountability
- ✓ How to Handle Staff Problems
- ✓ Be a Team
- ✓ Sabotaging Success
- ✓ If Leaving—no Need to be Mad
- ✓ Dreams Fade
Being a grandparent of the Intervention movement in the United States, Ed Storti is revered and respected by all who have followed his career. Although there are numerous reasons for this reputation, one of them is his impeccable professionalism,steadfastly maintained throughout his auspicious career. This professionalism is evident in his personal life, interventions, lectures and leadership and will be a cornerstone of his legacy.
Ed Storti’s presentation on professionalism inspired our team and improved the quality of service to our patients. We are a better organization today because of Ed’s insight.
Accommodations/Grievances: To request accommodations for special needs or obtain the grievance policy or report a grievance please email or call the Program Administrator at 562-434-4060, firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates: Course Completion certificates will be awarded at the end of the course in exchange for a completed evaluation form. Course meets the qualifications for 4 hours of continuing education credit for LMFT's, LCSW's, LPCC's and LEP's as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.